Get PSUPA Certified
Professional Stand Up Paddle Association – PSUPA
SUP Flatwater 1 instructor training and certification course. We can schedule this course anytime depending on availability of our PSUPA certified Instructor Trainer (IT) Tim Sanford. Dates are not finalized until confirmed by the IT’s.
This course takes 10-15 hours to complete and can be scheduled for 2-3 days, all course materials are included in cost.
We can schedule this course according to your needs at the following cost per student:
- $350 per student for class of 4 or more students.
- $400 per student for 3 students
- $500 per student for 2 students
- $900 for one student (private instructor training)
Once we set the dates for the next group course we will advertise the class and allow additional students to sign up (unless the student requests no additional participants). The cost per student will be adjusted to the actual attendance. If the class size is less than four students, the student has to pay the additional cost depending on class size before beginning the training. Sign up for scheduled training class updates below.
Flatwater Level 1 certification course: For the curriculum and details on this course, please visit: http://www.psupa.com/certifications/
Please make sure you meet the prerequisites on this page before signing up.
Locations: We hold most classes on Mother’s Beach, Marina del Rey unless otherwise specified by instructor.
All gear will be provided, but participants are welcome to bring their own paddle and/or board if they prefer.
PSUPA requires an additional annual membership fee of $65 to be registered as a certified instructor with them, which includes being listed on their website. Instructors are also expected to be First Aid/CPR certified. Please sign up for PSUPA membership here.
Course will be lead by Instructor Trainer Tim Sanford
Participants are expected to already have solid paddling skills as our focus is on teaching paddling skills to others, not training the participants. We will conduct a skills test at the beginning of the class. If we feel the skill level of any participant(s) is not adequate, we will recommend SUP technique coaching to get skills up to instructor level before proceeding with the instructor training course. Additional technique coaching is not included in the standard course fee.
- Weather cancellations by instructor are a 100% refund.
- Last minute cancellations by customer less than 1 week of class date will not receive a refund since we will most likely not be able fill that space.
- Customer cancellations prior to 1 week of the class date will receive 50% off re-booking fee.
- We will cancel any trips when there are safety concerns such as wind or lightning. We don’t cancel for rain.
- Rescheduling or moving to an alternative location may occur at the discretion of the trip leader.
Class will be held rain or shine, participants will be updated on meeting places and times by e-mail in a timely manner.
If you have any questions, please call Paddle Method at (310) 770-7291 and ask for Tim, or contact us